Marijuana License Application Window Now Closed

NOTE:  The 30-day license application window has now closed. The application window closed at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, December 20, 2013. 

If your business deals with the production, processing or sale of recreational marijuana in Washington State, you need a marijuana license.

A marijuana license is an endorsement on your Business License issued by the Washington State Department of Revenue (DOR) Business Licensing Service. You must complete the Business License Application even if you already have a Business License, along with a Liquor Control Board Marijuana Addendum.

If you are forming a corporation or limited liability company (LLC), you must register with the Washington Secretary of State's (SOS) office before filing an application with BLS. The Washington State Liquor Control Board (WSLCB) will not issue a license to a corporation or LLC that is not registered with the SOS. Be sure to include the UBI number issued by the SOS for all license applications and filings.

Note: SOS filing fees are non-refundable and all information received by SOS is public record.

After you submit your marijuana license application, the WSLCB will help you through the licensing process and ultimately decide whether to approve or deny your application.

Note Regarding Medical Marijuana:
The WSLCB has no authority over medical marijuana. If you are looking for information about co-operative gardens or any other activity related to medical marijuana, see chapter 69.51A RCW.   

Application process for marijuana licenses
Use the descriptions in the links below to figure out what type of marijuana license you need:

You may need additional local, state and federal licenses for your business that are not covered under the Business License Application. For more information on licensing requirements for your business, contact the Department of Revenue, Business Licensing Service at 1-800-451-7985 or

Submit your paperwork and fees (starting November 18, 2013)
To see your application options please visit the Business Licensing Service's marijuana web page.